A toast to one of my dearest friends on her end of the world wedding day.
In the spirit of 12 Days of Christmas, the 12 Days of Lindsey…
12. The number of times Lindsey wanted to know where her phone was today. (Lindsey: I still don’t know where it is.)
11. Lindsey’s usual bedtime. If she goes missing around that hour, we should just check under all of the tables.
10. The number of years I’ve known Linds. A decade. One third of my life. Thank you so much for being part of it.
9. The number of bridesmaids here tonight!
8. Number of times I have helped Lindsey break into her little red car with a coat hanger after locking herself out. Typical time she locked herself out: right before she had to be at work.
7. Broken hearts now that Linds is officially off the market. Very rough estimate.
6. The number of times I tried and failed to meet G. before this wedding day. I’m so glad he actually exists.
5. Number of haircuts I’ve seen Linds have an emotional breakdown after getting.
4. The number of drinks until Lindsey attempts The Worm.
3. The number of bridesmaids G. would have preferred.
2. Wonderful young people joining in marriage today.
1. Lifetime filled with possibility and adventure. Raise your glass! May the most you both wish for be the least you receive. I love you.