In no particular order…
1. stone + cloth accessory bag. Mine was a gift from Given Goods Co. on Techstars Boulder’s demo day in August. Given Goods is the marketplace for products that give back. Every product offered on Given Goods makes a tangible social impact every time it’s purchased. Why wouldn’t you shop for all of your Christmas gifts there?
2. Kat Von D. High Voltage eye primer. Yes, the Kat Von D. of L.A. Ink fame. I’ve long admired her flawless eyeshadow techniques so I was all aboard when she released her makeup line. This primer holds all liner and shadow color in place for hours. Side note: Drew was horrified that it’s unabashedly called primer. “Like you would use on the outside of a house?!”
3. Too-Faced Lash Injection mascara. I snagged this during Beauty Brands’ annual mascara sale for $15.00. Can we talk about Beauty Brands? It’s second only to Sephora for me. I could lose hours in there.
4. DR. JART+ Water Fuse Beauty Balm. A sample of this came in an early edition of Birchbox and I was immediately hooked. Wonderful for the days that you don’t feel like slathering on foundation but still want some coverage and SPF. It’s a morning hack for me.
5. theBalm Mary-Lou Manizer. Shiny, pretty, soft powder to illuminate wherever? Okay.
6. The No ‘Poo method. After reading Gala Darling’s Want Cute Hair? Stop Washing It! post, I thought I’d give the whole no ‘poo method a try. My hair is healthier and softer than it’s ever been. There’s definitely some static cling going on but it’s hard to say no to shampoo that costs .99 cents for an entire month. If you want to try it, I’d recommend Monika’s routine. Her advice made it all click for me. Drew has been on it too. My hair is fine and straight, his is thick and curly and yet it works wonders on both of us.
7. eos lip balm. It comes in a SPHERE. Something about unscrewing an orb for lip gloss really pleases me. 100% natural, 95% organic and made with shea butter and jojoba oil.
8. Sephora Perfection Mist Airbrush Foundation. Ever since I saw Harry Derbridge airbrushing himself in an episode of The Only Way is Essex (I binge watched two seasons on Hulu Plus in January), I was intrigued by the idea of putting makeup on without touching my face. Anything that gets me closer to Leeloo Dallas’ eyeshadow clicker machine = yes. Bonus points for my shade being named clair.
Honorable mention should go to OPI’s Nail Envy (not shown in the pic above). When Katy moved in next door earlier this year, she rocked my nail world by recommending this polish to me. You apply two coats the first time, one coat every other day, remove and re-do weekly. My once brittle, ridiculous nails are actually manageable now. Highly recommend.
I’m always down to try new things. What were some of your favorites this year? Tell me in le comments.